The Dancehall Theatre Exchange & Training Program (DTxTP) is a professional development platform.
From MON 3rd FEB 2014 until FRI 7th FEB 2014
10am-5.30pm, every day at Husky Studios
- Dancehall with Shady Squad straight from Jamaica: Conray & Matthew Richards
- Dancehall Theatre with Cindy Claes
- Dance Storytelling with Funmi Adewole
- Lecture on Dancehall culture & history: H Patten
£129 (pay before 20th Jan)
£149 (pay before 27th Jan)
£169 (from 28th Jan)
INFO & REGISTRATIONS
It is an intensive 5 day course which will provide participants with authentic knowledge about Dancehall technique, history and culture. The program will also include Dancehall Theatre sessions and focus on exploring choreographic and theatrical devices to tell stories through Dancehall.
The DTxTP is a once-in-a-life-time opportunity!
The program is intense, the level will be high, sweat will drop on the floor and you will learn from amazing artists who have so much experience to share. The DTxTP aims to support dancers, choreographers (emerging or established) and dance teachers within their practice.
The course is aimed at:
- young graduates
- intermediate & advanced students who want to make a career within the arts
- emerging dance artists who want to include Dancehall within their practice
- professional dancers / more established choreographers
- dance teachers
** Please note we have small bursaries for people living outside London, for more information about how to apply, please Contact Me**
This project is supported by: ADAD Trailblazers, Sadler’s Wells, Arts Council England, RichMix, Breakin’ Convention, Juste Debout UK, Scanners Inc., Greenwich Dance.